Looking for treatment options?

We can help you or your loved one find the Right drug or alcohol treatment program based on your specific situation. Call us Now!

Drug Abuse Treatment Counselor

Get Help Now!

  • Counselors available 24/7.
  • 100% Confidential.
  • This service is free of charge.

Medicare Can Help With Drug Rehab Services

There are different types of Medicare including Parts A-D, and certain Medicare types cover particular drug treatment services. Medicate Part A for example cover an inpatient hospital stay, which would be necessary if someone who was drug or alcohol dependent required detoxification services and other treatment which would only be delivered in an inpatient hospital setting. This is particularly crucial for treatment clients who are on certain medications for example, who may be abusing these medications and will need help getting back down to recommended doses safely or off of the medications completely if this is more ideal. Inpatient treatment services covered through Medicare Part A may also include services to treat a co-occurring disorder if someone is struggling with both a substance abuse and mental health issue. If you are hospitalized for inpatient treatment covered by Medicare, your out-of-pocket costs are the same as any other hospital stay.

If outpatient treatment for substance abuse is the right option, Medicare Part B covers these services in a clinic or hospital outpatient department. Medicare will pay for 80% of these services, and you will be required to pay the remaining 20% through self-pay or through your supplemental health insurance. Outpatient services covered through Medicare can include counseling and psychotherapy, education services, follow-up services and prescription medications administered during one's hospital or doctor's office stay or visit.

Methadone, a drug used to manage withdrawal symptoms and cravings for opiate dependent clients, is not covered by Part B if this option is being considered. It may be covered through Part D of the Medicare program which is the aspect of the program which covers prescription medications specifically. Methadone is not covered in all circumstances relating to substance abuse treatment however and there are certain caveats. For example, it may be approved for use in certain inpatient settings, but not as a daily regiment in the maintenance of opioid dependence and addiction. Medicare Part D does cover other drugs used in the treatment of substance abuse, when use is deemed necessary through one's Medicare provider. There is a list of approved medications to choose from, or approval for other medications not so listed can be submitted for approval.

Ready to Find Help?

Simply choose the options that apply to your situation and an advisor will contact you shortly

Need help finding treatment?

Choosing the correct treatment program for yourself or a family member can be one of the the most important decisions you ever make. With so many choices for treatment, and so many variables to consider, getting help from a knowledgeable addiction specialist who understands what types of treatment will work best is invaluable.

Our addiction specialists are available 24 hours a day to answer any questions you may have about treatment. All calls and services are completely free of charge and completely confidential. Start your recovery today!

  • 11,762

    Rehab Centers

  • 4,146


  • 82,334

    Services Offered

  • Infinite

    Lives Saved